Hey ya’ll, I got my first Blog Award!!
This beautiful thing came from Lynette at Lynette’s L.A.M. blog. I have no idea what this says, but Lynette explained that it’s an award for sweet moms. Why thank you! I wonder if it has anything to do with the big Valentine’s Day Swap package I’m going to send out to her today? ;)Hmm… or the post where I complained about my husband and children? That’s probably it.
I get to pass this award on to sweet moms that I know. Wow, that’s a long list, but here’s a couple that have been especially sweet lately:
Amanda at Imperfectly Beautiful. Check out those beautiful Valentine’s Day crafts.
Carrie at Buzzings of a Queen Bee. Carrie just welcomed her second child, a beautiful boy.
I also got “tagged” this week. Man, this blogging thing is fun! Chrissie at Creating a Charmed Life, tagged me to write 16 things about myself and then tag someone else. So sorry, ya’ll, here comes more useless information.
1. I am 5’10” tall. That means when I wear any kind of heel, I’m 6′. So don’t mess with me. I’m just sayin’.
2. I have four children, ages 14, 12, 9 and 6. That means my head is spinning trying to deal with hormones, the Jonas Brothers and learning to read. Whew.
3. I have 2 younger sisters. They say I was bossy growing up, but I wasn’t. :)
4. I graduated from The Ohio State University with a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing in 1989. (DON’T SUBTRACT! DON’T SUBTRACT! Oh crap, you subtracted.)
5. I like decorating more than nursing. Don’t worry, I’ll still take very good care of you if we meet in the Recovery Room someday.
6. My favorite place to spend a Saturday afternoon in the fall is not a flea market. It’s in Ohio Stadium watching my beloved Buckeyes play football. It doesn’t get any better than that.
7. I am not an early riser, but I’m trying to change that for the sake of my family.
8. I love the letter B. Partly because my last name starts with “B”, and partly because it’s round and curvy like me. And bigger on the bottom than the top.
9. My favorite color is red.
10. My favorite holiday is Christmas, you know, the decorating and all.
11. I’m a virgo. I have no idea what that means, except that I’m a perfectionist. Uh-oh.
12. Almost 19 years ago, on the same day that he graduated from OSU, I married the only man that could love me and my flaws (except God), and that’s somethin’.
13. I have a few gray hairs. (I love you L’Oreal Excellence Cream, Medium Golden Brown).
14. When I was growing up, I was a bible quiz champion, and my sisters still make fun of me for it.
15. I was born in Germany, while my father was in the Army. I have no memories of living there, but would love to visit some day.
16. I’m honored to be a writer for a new blog called Project: Create a Home. Check it out!
Now, Sarah, at Blue Castle, you’re it!