Did you wake up this morning to breakfast in bed?
Sorry for the sideways picture, but it’s even uglier right side up, so I’m actually doing you a favor.
- I took apart the frame and print, discarded the print (in the recycling box, of course), and cleaned the glass and frame.
- I sanded the frame. Yes, I actually did the sanding part myself this time.
- I/my husband drilled holes in the short sides of the frame.
- I painted the frame with semi-gloss white spray paint.
- I stapled fabric to the original cardboard backing.
- I added drawer pulls to the short sides of the frame.
- I attached a thin piece of plywood to the back of the frame with screws to finish it off and make it strong.
Here’s the finished product:
There you have it, girls and guy (I have to say that because Remodeling Guy might stop by!), the perfect thrifty summer patio accessory!
Be sure to check out all of the other projects on Met Monday at Between Naps on the Porch!
Subscribe to Reinvented!
Join our tribe of Reinventors and get your FREE guide to shopping flea markets, thrift stores, and yard sales.