Now, without further adieu, here are my TIPS for FRUGAL HOLIDAY DECOR:
2. Don’t forget the focal point. The focal point of your room, is where your eyes are drawn. In our case, that’s the mantle, so I put the flag there. Now we have holiday decor in the place we look most often.
3. Small touches make an impact. This plate has a permanent home on top of my cabinets, and I can change the chalkboard as often as I want!
4. Cross-contamination of holiday decor is COOL. (this star is a Christmas ornament, I’d bet you have one too!)
5. Take advantage of childlike enthusiasm. Bored children make perfect holiday crafters.
6. Use stuff you already have. Shop your house for the colors of the holiday and use those items in your displays. I finished off my stack of Country Living magazines with the July issue. What’s more “4th of July” than cherry pie?
Now that I’ve completely emptied my brain of holiday decor ideas, it’s your turn ! Link up those projects ladies. Remember, if your project is not holiday themed, please link up anyway! And, of course, remember to link back to REINVENTED in your post, so that your readers can check out all of the projects.
Subscribe to Reinvented!
Join our tribe of Reinventors and get your FREE guide to shopping flea markets, thrift stores, and yard sales.