WELCOME BACK TO TRASH TO TREASURE TUESDAY!
I looooove them, but not their Pottery Barn price. $59 for one, people!
I started with these materials, all from the DOLLAR TREE (except for the orange thing, it’s a piece of a discarded Nerf gun).
Here’s what I did:
- I covered the ball with the moss, using spray adhesive
- I removed the flowers from their stems, and attached just the blooms to the ball with hot glue. Didn’t even burn my fingers this time!
- I spray painted a clay pot I had laying around with Heirloom White and added a chalkboard label, since I can’t resist the chalkboard paint.
- I spray painted the orange thingy with Expresso Brown and hot glued it in the bottom of the pot.
- I packed plastic grocery bags around the “stick” for extra support and covered the top with more moss.
- Attaching the ball to the stick was a challenge. I hot glued a small square of heavy duty cardboard to the bottom of the ball and hot glued that to the top of the stick. Clear as mud?
Here’s the result.
Not bad for FIVE BUCKS!
If you like this project, share it with your friends!
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN, LINK UP THOSE PROJECTS!
Subscribe to Reinvented!
Join our tribe of Reinventors and get your FREE guide to shopping flea markets, thrift stores, and yard sales.