Hey hey friends! Welcome to this month’s Thrift Store Decor Makeover Challenge. Last week I attended the Haven Conference in Atlanta, and left the hotel inspired and ready to make over every item on the thrift store shelves. And then…I was stranded in the Newark, New Jersey airport for 33 hours, and I arrived at home with no energy or motivation. So…this month I’m excited to share five of my very favorite thrift store decor makeovers with you from the Reinvented archives. Next week, I’ll be back at it buying other people’s junk.
Thrift Store Decor Makeovers-My Five Favorites
- Upcycle an item(s) from a thrift store, resale store, or garage sale into a new piece of decor.
- There’s no monthly theme.
- There’s no budget to stick to.
Meet the Hosts
Amanda | The Kolb Corner Kim | Made in a Day
Victoria | Dazzle While Frazzled Pili | Sweet Things
Debra | Shoppe No. 5 Jeannee | Shepherds and Chardonnay Sue | A Purdy Little House
Kimm | Reinvented Ann | Duct Tape and Denim Kathleen | Our Hopeful Home
Dru | Polka Dot Poplars Toni | Small Home Soul Angela | Simply Beautiful by Angela
Michelle | Our Crafty Mom Marie | DIY Adulation Chelsea | Making Manzanita
Michelle | Michelle James Designs Denise | My Thrifty House Sara | Twelve on Main
Molly | Just a Little Creativity Chelc | Inside the Fox Den
Colleen | Life on Kaydeross Creek Florence | Vintage Southern Picks
Make sure you follow our board on Pinterest for more upcycled decor inspiration!
5. Number Five Favorite is this striped wood plaque. When I purchased this piece, it was sporting a dated still-life that wasn’t my thing. I slapped on a little paint and now have a fun backdrop for layering.
Learn How to Make Plastic Parts Look Like Galvanized Metal HERE.
4. Number 4 Favorite, our bicycle wheel foyer table; built from four porch posts, some scrap wood, and a thrifted bike wheel.
For More Info About The Bicycle Wheel Foyer Table, click HERE.
3. Number Three Favorite is these painted vases. Adding two layers of paint to any textured glass vase adds rustic style and dimension.
For More Info About the Painted Vases Click HERE.
2. Number Two Favorite is this farmhouse style cake plate created from a thrifted plate and candlestick.
For More Info on the Cake Plate Click HERE.
- Number One Favorite is this combo of projects competed for an upcycle challenge. A few thrifted embroidery hoops and a pile of drawer pulls became a fun orb and some stylish jewelry storage.
For More Info About These Projects Click HERE.
Thank you so much for coming by and checking out my favorite thrift store decor makeovers, and, you know, for understanding the whole airport debacle thing.
If you love these favorite thrift store decor makeovers, please pin them to your favorite Pinterest board, and use the share buttons at the top and bottom of this post to share with your upcyclin’ friends and family. Thank you so much!
And now for more thrifty goodness!
Check out what my fellow upcyclers created below!
Subscribe to Reinvented!
Join our tribe of Reinventors and get your FREE guide to shopping flea markets, thrift stores, and yard sales.